Commercial Package Policy

Commercial Package Policy

What is a Commercial Package Policy?

A Commercial Package Policy (CPP) is an insurance policy that provides both liability and property coverage for businesses and other organizations. This policy has a range of coverages and limits, allowing a business additional flexibility in tailoring their coverage to its specific needs.

What is included in a Commercial Package Policy?

A Commercial Package Policy can include two or more of the following coverages:

  • General Liability
  • Commercial Property
  • Business Income
  • Business Crime
  • Commercial Umbrella
  • Employment Practices Liability
  • Inland Marine

What are some additional coverages that can be added to a Commercial Package Policy?

Additional coverages, also known as Enhanced Property Endorsement, can also be added to the policy, including

  • Equipment Breakdown
  • Spoilage Coverage up to $100,000
  • Outdoor Signs
  • Valuable Papers
  • Accounts Receivable
  • Personal Property of Others
  • Newly Acquired Locations
  • Outdoor Signs
  • Debris Removal
  • Fire Department Service Charges
  • Trees, Shrubs and Plants
  • Off Premises Power Outage

What is the difference between a Commercial Package Policy (CPP) and a Businessowner's Policy (BOP)?

Small to medium size businesses can benefit from a Businessowner's Policy, which can include liability, property and other coverages at a lower cost to buying individual coverages at pre-set limits. A Commercial Package Policy also bundles liability, property and other coverages; however it is geared towards businesses with higher risks. CPP offers coverages and limits that are more customizable.

What Businesses can benefit from a Commercial Package Policy?

Small to medium size businesses can benefit from a Commercial Package Policy, including:

  • Apartments & Rental Dwellings
  • Barber Shops, Beauty and Nail Salons
  • Bowling Centers
  • Car Washes
  • Civic or Social Clubs
  • Churches
  • Contractors
  • Convenience Stores
  • Distributors
  • Grocery Stores
  • Hotels/Motels
  • Light Manufacturing
  • Lessor’s Risk
  • Offices
  • Professional Offices
  • Restaurants & Food Services
  • Retail Stores
  • Supermarkets
  • Vacant Land

Contact an insurance agent for more information

If you own a small business, you should inquire about purchasing a Commercial Package Policy. Contact us for an insurance agent in your area.

Find an Insurance Agent Near You